Friday, May 2, 2008

Yet More Canned Tea! - Froid Organic Drinks

I have to say I spent a while choosing Froid's Organic Creamy Chai Tea (right, the yellow one) over some run-of-the-mill organic mango-orange seltzer for my lunchtime elixer. First of all, as you can imagine I'm a bit disenchanted with canned teas by now, and second of all I was sure (somehow) it would be too sweet for me. Eventually, though, investigative instincts won out. And I'm sad to say my hunch was at least partially correct.
It was basically chocolate milk with a tinge of spices--and don't get me wrong, I can drink cartons of that stuff when I'm skateboarding--but too milky and, in fact, mild for me to feel the magic of true chai within. Still, if you want something both USDA Organic and yummy to wash down that peanut-butter-and-banana sandwich, go for it.

No comments: